Lets face it people.. tasty food is fatty! so there is no running away from food.. right?? well i will die if i can't have my favourite food and potato chips or fries uuummmm... i love them. But at the same time you need to watch the needles of the scale tooo..
So here it is a crispy spicy potato wedges for anyone who loves potatoes and still doesn't want to feel guilty for eating fried food :)
I have added indian spices to it and have them cut into thin slices (See Pic above). and what more do you need its not fried and skins left on the potato. So very good as a part of your daily carb's in your diet!
Wedges are a healthy snack but for those who want indulge a little you can sprinkle some grated cheese over it , i guess this will be a hit with kids. Like my husband says "Hit hai boss" after every new dish i try comes out good :)
Crispy Potato Wedges -Indian Style!
- Two Potatoes - Washed and dried
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt - as per your taste
- Cut the potato into desired shapes but make sure that the slices are thin otherwise you wont get the cripsy feel.
- take a mixing bowl and then add the above ingredients and mix well.
- Check for salt
- Preheat the grill at 200 C
- Place the potato wedges on the tray and leave it for 20 - 25 mins
- Check in between and do turn sides if needed
There it is cripsy potato wegdes ready !! this is also a quick starters!