A typical kerala diet is rice and fish ofcourz!! For all the fish lovers this is the simplest marinade for a typical kerala fish fry. You can also grill this with the same marinade and its an amazing combination with hot steaming rice and sambar! I have used mackeral ( aila ) fish for this recepie.
- 3 Fish fillets / full fish cleaned
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 -3 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 -5 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 3tbsp oil
- 2-3 tbsp water for paste
- Clean the fish and make slits on both the sides
- Take a bowl and mix together all the above ingredients and keep for marination for an hour
- In a non stick frying pan take 3 tbsp oil and fry them on medium heat till both sides are done well , alternatively if you can also grill it without oil.