Ever wondered what magic you can do with leftover foods.One, you will save money and second its a small step towards stopping wastage of food.Imagine throwing away food, its like throwing away cash into the trash! .. hmmm that rhymes... :)
It also reminds me of an episode in ' Everybody Loves Raymond' ... well a small amount of humour does no harm right? Anyways i think we should get back to our reciepe , or else ill keep on talking. Back in India, my mom used to make Bread cutlets whenever we had bread loaf remaining. So here it is bread cutlets in my version.
- Bread 6 slices
- Boiled and peeled potato - 1
- Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Chilly Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow fry
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan. To this add finely chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
- Once the onion is softened add the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder to the pan. Stir well and then add the boiled and peeled potato to this. ( make sure the potato is mashed well before adding to the pan)
- To this add the sweet corn and cook for 3- 4 mins with lid closed.
- Open and the add garam masala and coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Take all this contents into a mixing bowl and allow to cool for half an hour.
- Take bread slices one at a time and dip it in water - room temperature (Some prefer to remove the dark brown edges from the bread , but i prefer to keep it, also no wastage) Squeeze the water from it. Follow the same procedure for all the slices.
- Now in the mixing bowl mix together all the contents with the squeezed bread and knead well.
- Shape them into cutlets and shallow fry them.
Serve them with sauce or just like that! Enjoy