I have a very sweet neighbour in India who prepares the most amazing Maharashtrian cuisine and I absolutely love it. Actually i love food be it any cuisine in part of the world and anything eatable i will try it!
Besan poli along with Puran poli was introduced by her to my mom. Besan Poli its a very simple dish which takes just 5 minutes to prepare and a good as an evening snack or may be even breakfast ... guess it works whenever you r hungry and don’t have time in hand. . hehehe :)
Speaking of Maharashtrian food.. then bakhri with chicken curry is undoubtedly the dish I miss the most.. oh ya n puran poli n thalipeeth n...the list goes on.. but for now I am satisfied with Besan poli.
- 1 cup Besan / Chick pea flour
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder ( this is spicy , you can lessen it if you want a milder version )
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Corainder leaves - a handfull
- Take a mixing bowl with besan , to this add chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt and coriander leaves and add 3/4 cup water and stir well till there are no lumps.
- Now heat a pan to this add 1 tbsp oil.
- To this pour the mixture like an omelette and cook both sides for 4 - 5 minutes on a medium flame.
Besasn Poli ready! serve with sauce