I am not at all trained in cooking. Till last year it was confined to chai n maggi ..(thanks to my hostel life) so from there to here is quite a journey ! I love food and that's why i love cooking, and cooking + love for books = cookery books. Tht's right, once i discovered my passion for cooking i started to read more n more cookery books n now a days cook books are always in my shopping list.
I love the GOODFOOD BBC Books.They have a range of books across all categories from salads to desserts.This recipie is from one such book. Now just because you have a book does not mean you are a good cook / baker.. right??
Ill explain why. This was my first attempt in baking cookies and it was a complete disaster! Something somewhere went wrong... :( But i did not lose hope, I tried it again and this time I got it right. I also learnt my lesson - Overconfidence in the very beginning is harmfull... :)
At the end of the day i was happy to see my cookies in good shape ( i neglected my kitchen mess though )
- 350 gm Plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 250 gm unsalted softened butter
- 300 gm cater sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tubes/ packs of smarties / gems
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius /fan
- Take a mixing bowl and to it add the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt & set aside
- Beat/Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. TO this add beaten egg and vanilla extract
- To this add the sifted dry ingredients to from a stiff dough
- Roll the dough in balls and place them on baking sheets spaced apart
- Press smarties/ gems to each simultaneously flattening them
- Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown
- Leave for 3- 5 minutes to cool down.
Cookies ready! this recipie will make 10 - 12 cookies and will stay for 3 days in a air tight container