Saturday 6 March 2010

Green moong Dal Curry


This recipe is a simple dish but there is a story behind this dish!

Before my marriage some things never used to matter at all. For example: what to cook for breakfast, lunch n dinner!! And trust me i am tired of this task of planning n planning .. Just to create a variation in food and our taste buds!

So when ever I’m tried of exercising my brains, which i don’t do often.. :) , my husband will enter the scene...This is one of his favourite dishes which is simple and also high in protein.

But i should mention this.. he is the reason why im writing this blog... becoz for a girl like me for whom the world of cooking was restricted to maggi n chai till i got married and my progress in the past few months along with my failures and some success (all of them which i will post here).. I owe all this to my hubby, for being my punching bag, for being my taster, my being my photographer, my being my true critic , for being my so many things!!

So here is the receipe..enjoy ppl.

Receipe:

Ingredients:
  • Whole Green Moong dal : 1 cup(You can use sprouted Moong dal too)
  • Onions : 1
  • Tomato : 1
  • Green chilies : 4
  • Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
  • Ginger and Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
  • Curry leaves : 3 to 4
  • Oil : 1 tbsp
  • Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Method:
  • Pressure cook the moong dal for three whistle( you can also soak it overnight)
  • Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when they splutter add the curry leaves and sauté on a low flame for a minute.
  • Then Onion and green chilies fry them till it becomes golden brown .
  • Add the ginger garlic paste and fry them till the raw smells goes.
  • Add the tomato and sauté well
  • Now add the cooked moong dal in to it with little turmeric powder and salt.
  • Mix it well and add 1 1/2 cups of water and let it cook for a minute
Serve with chapattis n enjoy!

No comments: