Fancy a makeover for plain boring rice?? then this is the right recipe!!Another south Indian dish and one of my favorites! Back in my childhood when ever we go for any picnics where the kind of food available is uncertain mummy used to prepare this and carry it along for the journey ahead. It goes well with both veg and non veg side dishes.
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup basmati rice - boiled
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 tbsp mustard seeeds
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp chana dal
- 3 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- handfull of nuts - peanuts or cashewnuts
- handfull of curry leaves
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the rice and keep aside to cool
- Heat oil in a pan to this add mustard seeds and when they spultter add the chana dal, urad dal, green chilli , finely chopped ginger , curry leaves , nuts and saute well for 3-4 mins on medium flame
- To this add turmeric powder and salt required
- At this stage mix in the rice and lemon juice and stir gently, without breaking the rice
- Adjust the lemon flavour according to the tanginess you need.
Lemon rice ready !